This icon was commissioned by Fr. Grant parish priest of Holy Family church in Mossend to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the parish. The upper section is a glimpse into the hidden life in Nazareth of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
The bottom section depicts a history of the parish church and school, beginning with Fr. Milne who founded the parish in 1868. Next is Mother Angeline Teresa Mc Crory, “Servant of God” who migrated to the parish from Ireland.
Next, examples of the migrant families who settled in the area, from Ireland, Italy and many from Lithuania. National flowers depicted include the Ruta (national plant of Lithuania), the Lily for Italy, the Shamrock for Ireland and the thistle, bluebell and heather for Scotland.
On the right, Fr. James Grant, parish priest, a Sister of St Joseph of Annecy (providing pastoral support to the parish till 2007). Also, a modern family.
The central low building is the original church, the present day one on the left.